Today's DOUBLE linkfest (and then some) is makeup. Surely something here will help you make your costume even better.
1. Super sweet Sugar Skull.
2. Playin' with the Queen of Hearts. This one is very simple.
3. Ever wanted to look like artwork? This is based on Cara Delevigne's work.
4. Pop it! Or, pop ART it.
5. This is an awesome, slightly creepy fairy makeup tut. However, modified slightly it could be used for a number of costumes.
6. Fan of Guardians of the Galaxy? Here's a Gamora look for you.
7. Gentlemen, I haven't forgotten you. The Papa Legba look might be perfect for this most wonderful of nights.
8. Another very simple look. The zombie bride...but a relatively fresh zombie.
9. This isn't full makeup. However, this eyeliner technique is such a useful thing to know.
10. Eye makeup for an Ice Queen or Frost Fairy. As you might've guessed by now, I tried to find as many things that you can use for multiple costumes with minimal changes to the processes.
11. This mask is very cool. Change the colors to match your look.
12. A vampire look that doesn't require whiteface. Or glitter.
13. This one's a bit more complex. It's also supposed to be from the show Hannibal, but since I don't watch that show this is the Evil Stag Man to me. *L*
14. Here's a list of some fairly simple makeup ideas. From sugar skull to crusty faces, you may find the perfect idea to set your costume off perfectly.
15. Sometimes, what you need is to look older. Much, much older.
16. Another list type link. This one is more for tips that can help you do things you might not know how to do already that will greatly enhance your costumed look.
17. My good friend makoto will probably thoroughly enjoy this. And you probably will, too--it's COOL.
18. Clown--classic, creepy, or mime. Which are you?
19. Really. Creepy. Doll. This is a video.
20. Simple webby eye makeup. I rather like this one.
21. This would be good for a devil woman. Change the colors and it could work for an ice queen, or several other costumes.
22. This is a video tutorial for that dolman thing in the Jigsaw movies. If you scroll down, there's a fair number of other videos for makeups. *G*
23. This is disgusting. But sometimes, disgusting is just what the costumer ordered. It's also a video.
24. A video to make a really cool spider on your skin. This thing looks scarily real.
25. Venetian carnival masks are amazingly beautiful to me. This video shows you how to look like you're wearing one.
26. This video can result in an amazing look. It's hard to tell at first glance whether the model is a man or a woman once she's in the final product.
27. Cleopatra, mermaid Queen, alien Goddess--lots of options to explore here. It's also got just enough gleam to it in my opinion.
28. Some tips on making your own prosthetics. Granted, it might not work for you THIS year, but next?
29. Here's a few recipes that might come in handy. From foundation to snot to scars, these recipes can really give you that edge.
30. I count wigs as part of makeup. This one is made from yarn.
31. These wigs are more realistic, or can be. They're also considerably more complex.
Tonight's music of the night!
It's a different one this time. Old-time Halloween radio shows instead of a single song. Thank innowen for this link, and enjoy! *BG*
Innowen also found this lovely link that I just HAD to share with you. Nope, nothing to do with makeup. But scary!
This link is your guide to what to drink while you're chomping your way through all that leftover candy. they really WILL pair anything these days, won't they? *L*
Everyone, I hope you and yours (including, of course, your furry friends) have a simply GLORIOUS Halloween. Or Samhain, depending on your religious persuasion.